Lightweight, low-profile shoes that encourage a natural stride. When your foot strikes the trail, the sole splays out to provide a balanced lay-down and a ground hugging feel, and the aggressive lug pattern provides solid grip across changing terrain.
- Uppers are breathable mesh and foam. An elastic wrap over the instep provides a comfortable fit for any foot shape.
- Midsoles have BioMoGo® copolymer foam that offers substantial cushioning and rebound with a long lifespan. It's injected with a non-toxic additive that allows the foam to break down faster than EVA in anaerobic landfill conditions.
- Anatomically shaped heel and forefoot inserts are incorporated into the midsole in high impact zones to improve cushioning and rebound.
- Highly viscous fluid (looks like a gel) remains loose and flexible under low impact conditions, but provides a strong, supportive platform during foot strike.
- Toe Flex® technology means there’s a split between the toes to enhance forefoot flexibility. It allows your big toes to engage for stability and powerful push-offs.
- Inverted heels encourage contact points to shift forward, which aligns joints and allows good energy return.
- Outsole is one piece with a concave shape that splays out to provide a balanced lay-down, and a wide base to protect your feet.
- Multi-directional lugs provide sure-footed traction.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|15 - 11mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.