La Sportiva Helios Trail Running Shoes - Women's
Got to put in a little roadwork to reach your sky run? These minimalist summer shoes adapt to surfaces rough or smooth, and deliver grip when you need it.
- Uppers are HyDrain mesh, wicking EVA and polygrid for lightness, exceptional breathability and quick draining.
- Floating tongues for increased comfort.
- Anti-shock plates in the midfeet blunt the blows of rocks and roots.
- MorphoDynamic technology includes soft, light foam wrapped by sticky rubber for cushioning, and wave-shaped soles that adapt to different running surfaces.
- Outsoles are Vibram Frixion AT/VA Wave, a non-marking rubber that’s soft, resilient, and light.
- 4mm heel-to-toe drop.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|17 - 13mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.