Check this out. It's hard-shell rain protection that breathes and stretches like a soft shell. It's totally waterproof. And such certainty will suit riders who are going to ride through wet weather, on mountain roads, or into the changeable conditions of a Canadian "spring."
- Torrent 2-layer stretch polyester is tested for waterproofness and vapour permeability.
- Fully mesh lined so the material slides rather than sticks on your inner layers.
- High collar covers the back of your neck.
- Waterproof zipper.
- Selective external seam taping to keep wetness from working its way inside.
- Eye-catching reflective details.
- Angled side vents are reachable with one hand to adjust airflow as you ride.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
|Type||Waterproof-breathable softshell hybrid|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|