Bring all the hardware you need for rock routes, ice pitches, or ski tours. The Guide is a stout companion on rough outings. Slim but far from frail, it blends a clean, body-hugging fit with construction that shrugs off the abuse of alpine travel. For lightweight missions, the hipbelt, frame, and foam mat can be stripped off to make it sleeker.
- X-frame has curved aluminum stays for weight transfer and flexibility.
- Alpine Back System has 2 foam stripes to promote air circulation around your body. 3D AirMesh on all contact points.
- Foam mat stabilizes the back and removes to become a bivy seat.
- Vari Flex hip fins let the waistbelt follow your body movements. Both fins and waistbelt are independently removable.
- Lid has gear attachment rings, a central zipped pocket and valuables pocket, and is height adjustable for overloading.
- Spindrift collar.
- Detachable rope lashing strap.
- Compression straps can be fastened over the middle of the pack for load configuration.
- Reinforced ski attachment straps and a place to attach crampons.
- Gear loops on waist belt.
- Ready for hydration systems up to 3L capacity.
- Interior SOS label details international emergency signal instructions.
|Main fabric||330-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Volume||45 + 10L|
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
|Carries||Skis - A-frame|
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.