Tunnel tents are popular in Europe due to their quick set-up time, lightness, and the roominess of their almost vertical walls. Freestanding tents have sloping walls, and don't deliver so much room for so little weight. The Hangar Tunnel has a massive vestibule included that makes an excellent shelter from rude weather. It stores your gear, and keeps the dog off your sleeping pad. All in all, this is a smart option for lightweight camping, bike touring and paddling trips.
- Fly can be put up first and taken down last to keep the inner canopy dry in wet weather.
- Canopy can be left connected to the fly for rapid setting up and taking down.
- Remove the inner tent and the canopy functions as a great gear storage area.
- Multiple attachment points allow rigging additional guylines for stability in high winds.
- 2 vestibule windows let you check the weather.
- Vents at both tent ends keep the air flowing without letting in bugs.
- 2 internal mesh pockets hold your small essentials off the bedroom floor.
- Includes 12 DAC J pegs, 2 reflective guylines with linelocks, pole repair sleeve, and fabric repair swatch.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||20-denier nylon|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||40-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||33-denier nylon|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyethylene|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.15m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.