The Ghost Powerkid 20 is a super-solid bike that will help young riders learn to stomp hills and float trails. Built with reliable components from trustworthy brands, the frame is light, the shifting is smooth, and the braking feels is precise and consistent. Suntour shocks smooth out bumps and roughness, making the ride feel more predictable and helping the rider feel in control. The Powerkid series is an excellent base for building confidence and honing cross-country riding skills.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Suntour® XCT suspension fork has 40mm of travel.
- V-brakes provide good control and predictable operation.
- Shimano® Tourney components and 7-speed derailleur.
- Ghost 20-inch wheelset.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Frame||Ghost 7005 PG aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCT|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-601 25.4mm|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 25.4mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Jr. (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Jr.|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney|
|Crank + rings||LASCO RCF1536DP 36T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano UN-26|
|Hub (front)||Ghost 20|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 7-speed 14-28T|
|Tires||Impac Outpac 20 x 2.0|
|Saddle||Velo VL 5026|