The Ghost Powekid 24 is a super-solid bike that will help young riders learn to stomp hills and float trails. Built with reliable components from trustworthy brands, the frame is light, the shifting is smooth, and the breaking feels is precise and consistent. Hydraulic brakes provide great stopping power and require less force to operate. Suntour shocks smooth out bumps and roughness, making the ride feel more predictable and helping the rider feel in control. The Powerkid series is an excellent base for building confidence and honing cross-country riding skills.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Suntour® XCT suspension fork has 50mm of travel.
- Hydraulic disc brakes offer more power and modulation than cable systems. (Not shown in image.)
- Shimano®Tourney components and 8-speed derailleur.
- Ghost 24-inch wheelset.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost 7005 PG aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCT|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-007N 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HDC 300 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HDC 300|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Altus|
|Crank + rings||LASCO 3CF1542SP 42-34-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano UN-26|
|Hub (front)||Ghost 24|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 820 8-speed 11-30T|
|Tires||Impac Outpac 24 x 2.0|
|Saddle||Velo VL 5026|