A compact, stable touring kayak in a low volume version for smaller, lighter paddlers. The Islay LV packs a lot of performance into a hull that’s short enough for easy car-topping and storage. Its midsection is semi-flat with a mild V shape, for the kind of stability and straight line tracking you’ll appreciate if you’re new to paddling. As your skills grow, you can take advantage of the asymmetric hull’s excellent edging and turning. The roomy cockpit and adjustable seating keep you comfortable all day, while the cargo compartments swallow a weekend’s worth of camping gear.
- Full volume bow lifts over waves for a drier ride.
- Long waterline length for speed.
- Squared off stern for maintaining speed.
- Deck rigging for storing spare paddles and other essentials.
- Deck flats for installing fishing rod holders.
- SmartTrack rudder is a foil-shaped blade that reduces drag and increases turning efficiency.
- Pivot pedals let you steer without sliding your feet back and forth, keeping you solidly braced in the boat at all times for greater stability and power transfer.
|Hull material||Single-layer roto-moulded plastic|
|Length||4.2m (13ft. 9in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.
|Made in||United Kingdom|