A compact, stable touring kayak in a low volume version for smaller, lighter paddlers. The Islay LV packs a lot of performance into a hull that’s short enough for easy car-topping and storage. Its midsection is semi-flat with a mild V shape, for the kind of stability and straight line tracking that you’ll really appreciate if you’re new to paddling. As your skills grow, you can take advantage of the asymmetric hull’s excellent edging and turning. The roomy cockpit and adjustable seating keep you comfortable all day, while the cargo compartments swallow a weekend’s worth of camping gear with ease.
- Full volume bow lifts over waves for a drier ride.
- Long waterline for speed.
- Squared off stern for maintaining speed.
- Deck rigging for storing spare paddles and other essentials.
- Deck flats for installing fishing rod holders.
- Drop-down skeg lets you select easy turning or hard tracking, as conditions require.
- Ready to accept optional rudder (not included).
|Hull material||Single-layer roto-moulded plastic|
|Length||4.2m (13ft. 9in.)|
External cockpit dimensions
Dimensions of the cockpit, measured on the outside of the lip. The external measurement is useful when sizing sprayskirts.
|89 x 48cm (35 x 19in.)|
The overall volume capacity of a boat or the total board displacement in litres.
|Made in||United Kingdom|