If you want an urban bike that's a little smoother and a little faster, the Hold Steady makes an unwavering impression. It's equipped with top quality components, including a rear internal 8-speed gear hub that allows you to switch gears anytime and in any conditions. This bike requires less frequent maintenance and will get you comfortably to your destination with time to spare.
- Lightweight 7005 aluminum frame with tapered tubing to add strength and improve ride quality.
- 700 wheels with 32mm tires are less likely to get punctures.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Super light carbon fibre fork absorbs road shock well.
- Upright seated position for visibility in traffic.
- MEC grips provide comfort for long rides.
- Saddle has a waterproof cover and gel padding to absorb road shock.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rock Solid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Stem||Easton EA30 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||Easton EA30 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M445 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M445 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alfine Rapid Fire|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Alfine 45T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Alfine|
|Pedals||Crank Brother's Candy Clipless|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Shimano Alfine 8-speed|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Alfine 18T|
|Rims||Mavic TN319 Disc|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact Reflex 700 x 32|