Evolv Astroman Rockshoes - Unisex
Planning something involved? The Astroman Shoes are developed by Peter Croft to be the ultimate high-end, big-day trad footwear. They allow you perform at a high level, but won't become excruciating as the hours add up. A flat shape and stiff midsole allows torqueing in cracks, ankle coverage preserves your vulnerable skin, and a lined leather footbed conforms to your foot for some welcome comfort in slots and enduro corners.
- Split leather uppers for comfort, fit, and durability.
- Microfiber forefoot lining and cotton heel lining prevent them from stretching or bagging out.
- Height at ankle protects you medial and lateral malleoulus protrusions.
- Rands are thicker over the front toe area.
- Leather footbeds.
- Variable thickness midsoles for sensitivity.
- Padded achilles patch allows free articulation of the ankle and aids precise toe placement.
- Overall flat profile with slight asymmetry for all-day comfort.
A flat profile suits long routes and cracks. Curved shoes allow precision and good edging. Hooked shoes are down-turned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Outsoles||4.2mm Trax XT-5|