For changing conditions on rock routes or trail runs, this wind shell is small enough to fit in a pocket or a compact running pack. It folds into its chest pocket to become the size of a clenched fist (the same fist you'll be shaking at the sky if you forget to bring this jacket). To round out the features, it has a durable water repellent finish, elastic cuffs and an adjustable hem that effectively seals out the wind.
- Made of durable woven ripstop nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish that sheds light rain.
- Hood is large enough to pull over your helmet.
- Chest pocket is taped to keep moisture out, and inverts to become the stuff sack for the jacket.
- Storm flap and chin guard.
- Elastic at cuffs and hood binding seals out unwanted chills.
- Shock cord adjustable hem means you don't have drafts creeping up your back.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.