MEC Ruby Jacket - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
A stretchy, mid-layer fleece with abrasion resistance for rugged rock or alpine environments, this jacket is a gear-closet gem. It's a great technical mid layer for rock climbing, hiking or scrambling. High collar, full front zipper, always-open handwarmer pockets, and zippered chest pocket provide just the right features to keep it lightweight and packable. Contrasting stretch fabric and thumbholes in the sleeve prevent it from exposing your hands while ensuring full overhead function and mobility in the vertical realm.
- Fabric is hardface polyester and spandex fleece, with a PU coating and ceramic print for abrasion resistance.
- Minimal seaming on shoulders for comfort under pack straps.
- High collar with mesh inner lining provides comfort and keeps out bone-chilling draughts.
- Full front zip with contrast coloured zipper pulls and chinguard to prevent chaffing.
- Glued-in, zippered chest pocket is Schoeller® soft shell with a Nanosphere DWR finish for water repellency.
- Thumbholes ensure wrists stay covered while working overhead manoeuvers.
- Handwarmer pockets are lined in polyester mesh and have no closures so they remain open to easily warm cold digits.
- Shock cord adjustable hem is slightly longer in the back to seal in heat under a pack or harness.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.