MEC Interceptor Jacket - Men's
Lope through gusty, wet weather in comfort. This shell is engineered to stop wind and light precip, while keeping your core at a comfortable temperature. A cord port on the chest pocket gives you access to motivating tunes as you cover your kilometres.
- Body is made of breathable ripstop nylon that’s windproof and water-resistant with a DWR finish.
- Panels under arms, on back and lower front are made of a polyester-spandex blend for mobility.
- Slightly dropped bottom hem has a shockcord and cordlocks to seal out drafts.
- Thumb loops keep the sleeves from riding up.
- Reflective strip on the back for night visibility.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Fabric content||100% nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest with cord port|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.