Love the freedom of barefoot running, but have feet that aren't ready to go naked? The Free 5.0+ Breathe gives you a layer of underfoot protection Trans-tarsal cuts through the arch enhance flexibility and increase your foot strength, making your feet better equipped to go natural. An adjustable cord system provides personalized fit and support without adding unnecessary weight.
- Uppers are a breezy mesh for ultimate breathability on hot-weather runs. Double layer mesh tongue circulates air through your shoe – cool in, hot out.
- Flywire construction maximizes support and minimizes weight by supporting the foot with a network of cords. Cinch these cords via the eyelets and feel the support wrap from the underfoot, up to the laces, for a glove-like fit.
- Asymmetric lacing reduces pressure over the top of the foot.
- Injection moulded midsoles are 60% Phylon EVA, 40% rubber, creating a low profile ride that's durable enough to double as the outsole, reducing the overall weight.
- Full inner sleeve provides a comfortable sock-like fit that hugs your foot.
- Waffle pistons in the sole absorb impact and return energy for added responsiveness.
- Abrasion-resistant carbon rubber outsole for improved durability in high-wear areas.
- 8mm drop (21-13mm heel-to-toe cushioning)
- Neutral platform.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.