There's nothing disorderly about this helmet. Sleek design and vented visor channels move air through, and block sun from your line of sight. A double-slide fit system adapts the sizing: horizontal and vertical dual slides distribute pressure, and make perfect the fit. Washable interior pads absorb sweat, and quickly move it to the helmet's surface.
- Polystyrene inner molded to polycarbonate shell to make a sturdy one-piece bucket.
- Composite fibre is inserted at key structural points to increase the helmet's strength without adding weight.
- Gel anti-allergenic pad at the front of the helmet for cushioning and cooling.
- Interior Coolmax® pads for better absorption and quicker evaporation.
- Safe-T slides to a perfect fit with a range of adjustment space.
- Lightweight straps helmet to keep helmet in place.
- Removable visor.
- Reflective stickers for visibility on early morning training rides.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).