A race level road helmet kept light with MET's proprietary Ultimalite fibers that strengthen the shell structure without compromising shock absorption.
- Adjustable engages with one-hand and offers vertical and horizontal adjustments.
- Designed to limit head to helmet contact and ultimately increase air circulation.
- Lateral dividers ensure the straps are positioned correctly and stay in place.
- Coolmax anti-allergenic interior pads help manage moisture, Hand washable.
- Front gel pad ensures a dry and comfortable ride.
- Kevlar straps.
- Reflective elements on the rear for greater visibility.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).