An Italian-designed symphony of style and safety. The proprietary MET Homothetic Embedded Skeleton dissipates the compressive pressure of an impact throughout the entire shell, giving you a lot of protection for little weight. Swept-back good looks and superb ventilation top off this road biking helmet. It now incorporates MET’s new Safe-T occipital retention system, which encircles your whole head, so it doesn't push only at the back and front. In the event of a crash, it allows the helmet to rotate very slightly to absorb energy and reduce the risk of injury. Super-fine increments on the adjustment wheel bring a new level of bespoke to the fit.
- Inner is made of polystyrene, and is moulded to a polycarbonate shell.
- Dial offers horizontal and vertical adjustments to fit the helmet firmly to your head.
- Polyester straps are uniquely woven for greater strength and faster drying.
- Straps are embedded into the inner helmet for additional resistance to tearing.
- Anti-allergenic gel pads cool your head and maintain shape and performance over time.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).