Lightweight, high-tech protection for committed roadies. Ribs in the exoskeleton minimize head contact and direct air flow inside to keep you cool while you reel in rivals. This professional level helmet is the same type worn by the Cofidis and Liquigas UCI teams, and comes with its own neoprene case for transport.
- Inner is made of variable-density polystyrene and is fused to a high-strength polycarbonate.
- Straps are Kevlar® for strength and ventilated for breathability.
- Strap anchor points are positioned to optimize aerodynamics and dissipate strap stress in an impact.
- Lateral dividers position the straps correctly and keep them in place.
- Pads are made of medical-grade gel and are shaped to channel sweat away from your eyes. They remove for hand washing.
- Sizing dial adjusts with one hand.
- Reflective rear sticker for increased visibility.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).