Like its Down-O-Matic counterpart, but made using a natural linen fibre construction rather than fibreglass. Vented right down to the visor, this downhill helmet provides security without suffocation. Grid backing on the vents ensures you don’t inhale dirt or bugs along with your air.
- Linen fibre construction allows great protection at little weight and with a diminished environmental impact.
- Stylish and flexible anti-crash visor.
- Internal venturi effect optimizes airflow.
- Grilled vents prevent the entry of unwanted debris.
- Removable, washable pads make freshening up easy.
|Ideal for||Mountain biking|
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Shell material||Linen fiber|
|Fit system||Interchangeable foam pads|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).