Black Diamond Stance Belay Parka - Men's
This insulated layer is the one to take for extremely cold ski or climbing days. It's über-warm, but still lean enough to be layered under a shell jacket if conditions demand you hunker down and wait out a squall. The adjustable hood fits over your helmet without making you feel constricted. And stretch gussets on the cuffs allow you to reach without exposing your wrists to the elements.
- Face fabric is Pertex nylon treated with a DWR finish for water resistance. Untaped seams.
- Insulated with 2 sheets of PrimaLoft Synergy a compressible, water-resistant microfiber that dries fast and remains warmth when wet. Baffle construction keeps it in place.
- Adjustable, helmet-compatible hood works with or without a helmet.
- 2-way YKK® flat Vizion zipper is weather resistant and treated with DWR.
- 1 oversize chest pocket, 1 internal stretch media pocket with port, 2 zippered hand pockets, 1 interior drop in pocket.
- Stretch gusset cuffs are low-profile to slot easily under your gloves.
- Drawcord hem can be pulled close to keep out wind.
|Insulation||160g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted cuffs|
- Measure circumference at base of neck.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.