All of the function and performance of waterproof-breathable shell, at around half the standard weight. Think of fast, light alpine ascents or trail runs where you'll encounter changeable mountain conditions. This jacket breathes freely and has fully taped seams and a DWR treatment to round out the protection. The trim silhouette moves with your body, and movement-mirroring stretch fabric ensures you retain full mobility.
- GORE-TEX Active Storm shell fabric is 100% nylon is treated with DWR.
- Seams are fully taped for exceptional all-weather protection.
- High level of elasticity allows for excellent freedom of movement while hiking or climbing.
- Adjustable hood is built to fit over a helmet.
- Water resistant zippers.
- Storm flap behind front zipper cuts the cold and wet.
- Handwarmer pockets sit above a hip belt or pack harness. Left handwarmer pocket can be used as the jacket's stuff sack.
- Zippered chest pocket for easy access and safe storage.
- Hook and loop cuffs fit easily over gloves and watches.
- Articulated elbows makes for easy arm-pumping.
- Drawcord at bottom hem to cinch in the fit.
- Below hip length, back length is 29in. (74cm) on size large.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|