Not one to be fooled by bluebird skies when you set out, you throw in your shell, a hat, and emergency chocolate for the last windy, shaded belay high on the route. This jacket is super-light and compressible, and small enough to be stuffed and clipped to your harness. It offers high levels of wind and water protection with excellent breathability.
- Made of soft 2.5-layer waterproof-breathable Pertex Shield fabric with fully taped seams. The laminated construction has waterproof hydrophilic membrane that promotes vapour release.
- Adjustable hood fits over a helmet and won't impede vision.
- 1 zippered chest pocket, 1 internal pocket that doubles as a stuff sack and has a biner loop.
- Water-resistant zippers. Front zip has an internal storm flap.
- Elastic cuffs.
- Drawcord hem can be pulled close to keep our wind.
- OR standard fit.
- Back length is 79cm.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.