Not one to be fooled by bluebird skies when you set out, you throw in your shell, a hat, and emergency chocolate for the last windy, shaded belay high on the route. This jacket is super-light and compressible, and small enough to be stuffed in a pack. It offers high levels of wind and water protection with excellent breathability.
- Made of 3-layer waterproof-breathable Pertex Shield+ fabric with fully taped seams. The laminated construction has hydrophilic membrane that draws water vapour away from your body and releases it outward.
- Adjustable hood fits over a helmet and won't impede vision. Hood tunnels prevent the cords from whipping around in the wind.
- 2 zippered hand pockets that sit above a harness, 1 internal mesh pocket.
- Water-resistant zippers. Front zip has an internal storm flap.
- Articulated elbows.
- Hook-and-loop cuff closures.
- Drawcord hem can be pulled close to keep out wind.
- Back length is 69cm.
|Technology||Pertex Shield +|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|