Consider this one of those "tough on the surface, soft on the inside" scenarios. A nylon outer stands up to the cold, cutting wind and resists abrasion. A soft-to-the-touch merino lining has exceptional moisture transfer and a high warmth-to-weight ratio. It slides comfortably over a base layer (preferably merino), and can hold its own as an outer layer.
- Made from merino wool and nylon, double knit to create optimal performance.
- Fitted hood seals in heat and leaves no room for wind or cold.
- Full draft flap behind the zipper makes sure no wind gets to your core.
- 2 handwarmer and 1 chest pocket gives you stash spots for tissues and Probars.
- Articulated elbows and thumb loops makes wearing and movement more comfortable.
- Wash inside out in cold water, dry on low heat, do not bleach, lay flat to dry. Dry clean if you must.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|