A good choice for experienced climbers looking for a versatile rope for sport, trad, or ice. Like all Beal ropes, it has a lower impact force for a given diameter than other brands. This reduces forces on the anchor, belayer, and climber.
- Supple sheath is easy to manipulate and highly clippable.
- Dry Cover and Golden Dry rope treatment for maximum protection from dirt and water.
- Unicore construction bonds the sheath and core so there should never be any sheath slippage.
- Diameter is suitable for all automatic belay devices.
- Beal plants a tree for every rope sold.
|Type||Single (10mm ›)|
Dry ropes have a water-resistant treatment on both core and sheath. Dry (UIAA certified) ropes have both core and sheath treated, plus meet the UIAA Water Repellent standard by passing a stringent test where a soaked rope cannot absorb more than 5% of the rope's weight.
Maximum elongation in the first UIAA test fall, where a weight is attached to the rope and then dropped. Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
In controlled tests, a weight is suspended from the rope (not dropped). Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
The amount of force, in kN, that the first UIAA fall puts on the falling object. Less impact force puts less force on the climber, belayer, and protection during a fall.
|Halfway pattern change||No|
UIAA fall rating
Indicates the number of consecutive falls a rope withstood during testing in a controlled environment. The number is for reference only, and does not indicate the number of falls a rope will withstand during actual use or over its lifespan.