We debuted our original Diamond Belay Bag on page 24 of the Winter 1981 Catalogue. Since then, gear has changed radically. Like bent-shaft ice tools and offset cams, this bag is entering the modern era and the urban landscape. The fabric looks like the original packcloth, but is hard-wearing polyester treated to shed water and dirt. It retains its leather finishings, generous pockets, and useful buckled straps, but gains welcome touches like padding in the straps and across the back panel.
- Made of canvas-textured recycled polyester, it has a polyurethane coating and DWR treatment to shed light showers.
- Lightly padded straps and back panel.
- Strap and buckle on the front can be used to hold a jacket.
- Leather patch and zipper pulls combine heavy-duty function with vintage touches.
- 2 large front pockets fit bulky items like water bottles and travel mugs.
|Main fabric||510-denier polyester|
|Secondary fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.