Head into the mountains packed for a day hike in uncertain weather or an overnight stay in a tent or alpine hut. This pack is built to be versatile enough to use for most activities and to be called into use as your travel pack. This version of the bag has been tweaked to be a little tougher and more streamlined. We adjusted the torso lengths and changed the fabric to an abrasion-resistant polyester Cordura. We kept all the major features that make this pack popular, but simplified the details and refined the overall design.
- Women’s-specific fit has a shorter torso length and shaped shoulder straps that sit closer together.
- Single torso length fits a wide-range of bodies. Adjustable sternum strap.
- Tough woven Cordura is lined with nylon oxford. Mesh pockets are nylon and spandex finished with DWR.
- Padded shoulder straps and back panel are lined with mesh for breathability and to keep you cool.
- Removable back panel has an aluminum frame and rigid plastic sheet, padded with EVA foam and polyethylene sponge that has a dimpled pattern and a central channel to add air flow.
- Padded hipbelt has x-shaped articulation to ensure it sits in the correct position on your hip bones. 2 individual fins attach with Velcro under the lumbar pad and can be adjusted to change the angle and the length of the hipbelt.
- Zippered pockets on the hipbelt fit a smartphone or compact camera.
- Side compression straps.
- Large shove-it compartment on the front fits a jacket, a helmet, or any wet gear you don't want in the main pack. A compression strap cinches is closed and a drainage port channels water out.
- Zippered opening accesses the main compartment has luggage style zips that slide around corners well.
- Mesh divider and a zippered pocket inside are useful for organizing items.
- Large zippered exterior pocket.
- Interior hydration sleeve with a hydration port and hose keeper loop on the right shoulder strap.
- Lightweight trekking pole attachments have adjustable tension locks.
- Reflective tabs on shoulder straps.
- Stretch-mesh side water bottle pockets.
- Small zippered exterior pocket has a key clip.
- Grab handle on top.
- Large, round zipper pulls are easy to use with gloves on.
|Main fabric||305-denier polyester|
|Secondary fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.