Carry heavy loads sweetly along hiking trails, to the crag, up the skin track – and beyond. This upsized version of our popular multi-sport and travel pack has a floating lid and roll-top spindrift collar to give you the cargo capacity to extend your hikes, ski trips, and climbs to overnight or efficiently-packed multi-day treks. The back panel and frame hoop transfers weight efficiently to your hips, so you can go equipment-intensive without sacrificing carrying comfort.
- Made of Cordura® fabric that’s lighter, yet more abrasion resistant, than the previous generation of Spirit packs.
- Plastic backpanel and lightweight hooped aluminum frame are each removable to save weight and configure the pack for varying loads.
- Mesh-covered dimpled foam panels have a channel in the middle for maximum air circulation between the pack and your back.
- Access to the main compartment is via a roll-top spindrift collar that opens and closes quickly, seals out weather, and allows overloading.
- Rope strap over spindrift collar.
- Floating lid is removable and has reflective attachment points for your own bungee or cord lashes.
- Mesh on inside of shoulder straps helps keep you cool.
- Shove-it pocket with bottom drain lets you quickly layer, de-layer and quarantine soggy clothes. Zippered inner pocket separates your fleece from your shell.
- Hipbelt fins are individually attached with Velcro® behind the lumbar pad, so you can adjust the angle, waist size and torso length for a custom fit.
- Hipbelt fin tips are shaped to sit correctly on your hipbones.
- Zippered pockets on hipbelt hold your phone, pocket camera, or GPS.
- Hydration system ready.
- 2 stretch-woven water bottle holsters on pack sides.
- Lightweight, adjustable attachments hold your trekking poles on easy route sections.
- Luggage-quality zippers with large, glove-friendly pull loops on lid and hipbelt pockets.
|Main fabric||305-denier polyester|
|Secondary fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.