Nike Zoom Wildhorse Trail Running Shoes - Men's
The fit of track spikes with the performance of trail shoes. These ultralight neutral runners boast the iconic Nike waffle soles, tweaked with tapered lugs so you can power uphill and down with total control. Flex grooves keep your stride smooth and efficient from start to finish.
- Uppers are a single layer of ultra-lightweight mesh for optimal ventilation.
- Stitched collar bindings provide a minimal fit and keep the elements out.
- Notched tongues allow easy on and off.
- A mesh inner sleeve wraps the foot for a plush, comfortable fit.
- Reflective elements remain visible in low-light conditions.
- Midsoles have moulded sockliners to enhance support underfoot.
- Compression molded Phylon and Cushlon ST foams are fused into a dual density cushioning system that delivers great forefoot snap and a responsive ride.
- Outsoles have a rugged waffle tread for multi-surface traction, and tapered lugs for running hills efficiently.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.