For runners looking for the next step in minimalism. The Flyknit's breathable upper uses a continuous knit (like a compression sock) thinner in areas that demand greater flexibility, thicker in spots that need reinforcing. An adjustable cord system maximizes support by supporting the foot through with a network of cords. Resilient, low-profile midsole doubles as the outsole, reducing the overall weight.
- Seamless one-piece upper is made from woven polyester thread, using a construction process that creates little to no waste, making the shoe very efficient to produce.
- Flywire technology supports from the ground up, with the cords originating in the sole. Cinch the cords via the eyelets to adjust to your desired level of fit.
- Injection moulded midsoles combine Phylon EVA and rubber to create a platform durable enough to pull double duty as the outsole.
- Trans-tarsal cuts through the arch enhance flexibility and increase your foot strength, making your feet better equipped to go natural.
- Full inner sleeve follows the contours of the foot for a comfortable, slipper-like fit.
- Abrasion-resistant carbon rubber outsole for improved durability in high-wear areas.
- Waffle pistons in the sole absorb impact and return energy for added responsiveness.
- Lightweight flexible sole moves with the natural contours of your foot to closer mimic the feeling of running in socks.
|Ideal for||Road running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.