Get the surface contact and connection that minimalist shoes are all about, without sacrificing stability. Merrell® Stratafuse uppers give you a glove-like fit, a natural range of motion, and the side-to-side support essential for cross-training.
- Uppers are synthetic with breathable mesh linings.
- Stratafuse injects the foot cages in the uppers, fusing them together for durability, lightness, and a precise fit.
- Antimicrobial treatment naturally prevents odours.
- Non-removable integrated footbeds.
- Midsoles are EVA foam for cushioning.
- 14mm total stack height, including outsole.
- Outsoles are non-marking Vibram® rubber.
- Vegan-friendly construction.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.