This jacket has been put through the rigours by the Cervélo Test Team. The waterproof fabric is virtually impervious to rain, but it's superlight and packable. Ideal for training through the rain or for carrying in case of squalls. The unique 3-layer fabric is impressively light, and composed of thin tricot layers that sandwich a waterproof breathable membrane.
- Made of nylon EVENT® pocket liner fabric that's waterproof and extremely breathable.
- Fully seam sealed with contrasting seam tape outside and matching seam tape inside.
- Fabric is tested to 10,000mm in water column tests to gives you a high threshold against leakage.
- Lightweight mesh collar liner for comfort.
- YKK® waterproof zipper.
- Gripper elastic at front of waist.
- No pockets or "extra" features that would add weight.
- Secure zippers and machine wash separately in warm water. Rinse thoroughly to remove detergent from fabric surfaces. No bleach or fabric softeners. Tumble dry low or use a warm steam iron to rejuvenate finish.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.