For full-on environments where breathability and temperature regulation are crucial, the Absolute Mitts are the warmest ones Black Diamond makes. Durable for expedition use and warm for high-arctic or thin-air settings. They'll keep your hands warm and dry while remaining lightweight. The removable liner can also serve as a lightweight, packable stash mitt for emergencies.
- Shells are Pertex ripstop nylon with a waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX XCR® insert.
- Liners are insulated with PrimaLoft Kodenshi® and high-loft fleece.
- Stout goat leather palms have Kevlar stitching and reinforced leather thumbs for durability when working with fixed lines.
- Long gauntlet-style cuffs have shockcord adjustment at the hem and a cinch strap at the wrist.
- Manufacturer's recommended temperature range is -40 to -28°C.
|Main fabric||100% nylon|
|Liner fabric||100% polyester|
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
Hand warmer pocket
The gloves or mitts feature a small pocket to insert a heater pack for extra warmth.