A do-everything ski for powder seeking skiers who want a lightweight touring setup. A great choice for alpinists or descent focused big-line skiers. These versatile boards are built for all-mountain adventures. Named as a tribute to the late, great Doug Coombs, who spent years tweaking this design. His innovations result in balanced flex and easy handling in difficult conditions.
- Snow shedding top sheet.
- Triaxial braided fir/aspen/maple core with a web of x-shaped of carbon supports that add torsional rigidity for powerful edge hold at speed.
- All terrain rocker tip provides easy turn initiation in variable snow and makes hard-snow handling easier by detuning the tip and effectively shortening the running length.
- The stats: 30% rocker tip. 70% camber underfoot. Early rise tip.
- Tip and tail grommets for skins or for rigging sleds.
- Mod dampening technology and progressive sidecut that changes from tip to tail, for performance in variable conditions.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
|Rocker/camber profile||Rocker tip|