La Sportiva Helios Trail Running Shoes - Men's
No fuss shoes to throw in a pack or suitcase for short, sharp training sessions. They are super-lightweight and offer good breathability for the summer running season.
- Uppers are Soft EVA laminated to a breathable mesh with abrasion resistant caps at the toes and heels.
- Air mesh lining offers good drainage in wet conditions.
- Slip-on construction and gusset tongue allows them to be worn without laces.
- 2mm flex plates in the midfoot blunt the blows of rocks and roots.
- MorphoDynamic technology includes soft foam wrapped in sticky rubber for cushioning, and wave-shaped desigm that adapt to different running surfaces.
- Outsoles are Frixion AT/VA Wave . They have Frixion rubber at the edges and waves of rubber through the soles for traction that's lightweight overall.
- 17-13mm heel to toe cushioning.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.