K2® upgraded the graphics, tweaked the fit, and improved the controls for the audio system. Active venting lets you regulate airflow with the flick of a switch to keep your head cool.
- Hybrid in-mould hardshell upper, expanded polystyrene and polycarbonate lower.
- Goggle vents under the brim to keep your eyewear clear.
- Fit system combines an adjustable dial with an integrated web in the liner to eliminate pressure points.
- Full-coverage liner provides gap-free comfort for a perfect fit and is removable for washing.
- Mesh around the crown of the liner wicks moisture and breathes to prevent overheating.
- Level 3 baseline audio system includes removable speakers, detachable cord, and an improved on-cord controller for pause/play and answer/hang up.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Shell material||ABS + Polycarbonate|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).