Happiness on the half-shell, served up with sporty good looks, protective in-mould construction and a deliciously cool active ventilation system. Enjoy it anywhere on the mountain.
- Lightweight half shell construction combines a hard shell with an EPS liner for shock-resistance.
- Active ventilation system allows airflow adjustment to fine-tune your head temperature.
- Removable fur-lined ear pads.
- Compatible with audio systems.
- Removable and washable liner.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).