Right sized for lunch, layers, skins, and your safety gear, this pack comes with a Protective Airbag System. The system doesn’t just reduce the chance of burial, it helps protect against the mechanical trauma that causes many avalanche casualties.
- PAS airbag extends around head, neck, and down the front of shoulder straps for better impact protection, neck stabilization, and increased chances of your head being above the snow when a slide stops.
- V-shaped aluminum pack frame for efficient load carrying.
- Adjustable back length.
- Padded hipelt with pockets.
- Stowable diagonal ski carry, snowboard carry, and ice axe/pole loops.
- Safety leg loop.
- Internal compartment for avalanche equipment.
- SOS label with emergency instructions.
- Refillable air cartridge not included. Full cartridges cannot be shipped by mail, but can be purchased at most MEC retail stores.
- Empty cartridges can be filled at approved centres such as dive shops or paintball stores.
- Note: the PAS system uses the same trigger and cartridges as Mammut RAS system, but the airbags are not interchangeable between PAS and RAS packs.
|Main fabric||100-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.