Rude conditions can have a detrimental effect on your training, unless you face them head on. Windproof on the front, with Warmer fabric on the back, this body-shaped vest is a key component for fall riding. Layer it over a long-sleeved base layer, and add a jersey to stay comfortable without overheating.
- Castelli Windstopper X-Fast 2 stretch fabric is made from a windproof, breathable mix of polyester and elastane. Treated with a durable water repellent (DWR) finish to make this vest truly weather resistant.
- Warmer fabric on the back is made from insulating polyester.
- Silicone gripper at waist keeps your jersey's position in check.
- 3 rear drop-in pockets.
- Full-length YKK® Vislon® zipper with locking pull tab.
- Castelli's optimal temperature rating is 8-16°C.
- Not designed to be packed into a jersey pocket, more to be worn as a mid or outer layer, depending on the conditions.
- Care instructions: cold wash, do not bleach, dry clean, tumble dry, use fabric softener, or iron (steam only).
|Type||Fleece-lined wind shell|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||3 back drop-in|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.