Affordable coverage for your commute, with enough venting to keep your head cool on weekend road rides.
- Extruded polystyrene (EPS) inner with a polycarbonate shell.
- Safe-T Twist 2 system uses an adjustable dial for easy, secure fitting.
- Removable visor accommodates sun or shade.
- Anti-allergenic pads are hand washable.
- Reflective rear stickers increase night-time visibility.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial + interchangeable foam pads|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).