This complete aluminum rear wheel works with with Shimano® 8 or 9-speed compatible cassettes.
- Single-wall, 25mm-width rim.
- Altus alloy hub and quick-release wheel skewer.
- Spokes are 2mm DT stainless steel with brass nipples.
- Wear-indicator line tells you when it’s time to replace the wheel.
- Not compatible with freewheels, or other models of 8, 9, or 10-speed cassettes.
|Recommended tire width||1.75|
|Brake compatibility||Rim brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
|Rear hub width||135mm|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Effective Rim Diameter (ERD) is measured in millimeters. It is needed for calculating the correct spoke length.