MEC Aquanator Jacket - Women's
A rain-ready jacket with minimalist leanings and waterproof-breathable versatility. It’s designed for semi-urban adventures that take you out into the wet.
- Made of 50-denier nylon in a 2.5-layer waterproof-breathable construction. Fabric has a polyurethane membrane and a DWR finish. The inner layer features a custom graphic print.
- Seams are fully taped to keep out wetness.
- 2 deep drop-in handwarmer pockets.
- Attached hood is adjustable with rear snap and toggles on the left and right. Laminated brim sheds rain away from your face.
- Full-length front zipper has a storm flap secured with Velcro® and snaps.
- Gathered waist with internal draw cord creates a feminine silhouette.
- Elastic on the cuffs cuffs keep out water and cold drafts.
- Chin guard is lined with a soft knit.
- Hook hanging loop.
- Care instructions: Close all zippers and Velcro before washing. Tumble dry low. Don’t use fabric softeners or bleach. Rinse thoroughly. Steam iron at medium temperature. Do not dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||50-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.