MEC Chamelia 2 in 1 Jacket - Women's
While others struggle with the weather, wind and wet, you're protected, temperate, and happy as any urban commuter could be. Your secret weapon? A removable liner. You're already working with an 2.5-layer, mid-thigh waterproof breathable trench with fully taped seams and then you have an insulated liner to zip in on brisk mornings and zip out for warm shoulder-season evenings. With flattering seams and fit, and 2-way zips to allow movement when your to-and-from involves biking, this jacket can easily takes you through your day.
- Waterproof-breathable laminate is made of recycled polyester, with a subtle ripstop weave and a touch of stretch.
- 2.5 layer construction with fully taped seams.
- Lining is recycled polyester with polyester insulation: lighter in the sleeves, heavier through the body to add heat where you need it.
- Removable quilted inner zips out, and secures with a loop and snap attachment at the back of the neck and sleeves.
- Removable inner liner has a collar that doesn't extend into the hood.
- 3-panel hood with a polyester draw cord so you can snug it in close.
- Button tab adjustable cuffs that cinch to your ideal size.
- 2 handwarmer pockets with fold over flaps and decorative buttons.
- Inner layer has a small zippered interior chest pocket.
- Full-length storm flap over zipper with hidden snaps for protection against precipitation and drafts.
- 2-way Vislon Plastic #5 front zipper for easy sitting and biking.
- Back kick pleat vent for style, and additional venting.
- Centre back length on a size medium is 37.5in.
- Wash the liner in cold on delicate (in a front-loading washer). No fabric softeners, bleach, ironing, dry cleaning. Tumble dry low.
- To wash the shell: close all zips and Velcro before washing. Rinse thoroughly and tumble dry low. Steam iron at medium temperature. No fabric softeners, bleach, dry cleaning.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Technology||Monolithic PU laminate|
|Face fabric||75-denier recycled polyester|
|Lining/backer||50-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester (body) + 80g/sq. m polyester (arms)|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.