A layer for the unsettled weather of shoulder-season rides. This lightweight and highly elastic outer layer has a fully windproof front and complete mesh back, striking a balance between weather protection and ventilation. Flat seams throughout eliminate potential chafing. Packs up small so it won't crowd out your energy chews in your jersey pocket.
- Soft shell Gore-Tex Windstopper fabric is made from a blend of polyester and PTFE, a synthetic fluoropolymer. A durable water repellent (DWR) finish adds a layer of weather protection, though not complete waterproofness as the seams are not taped.
- Rear mesh panel keeps you cool on long ascents. A small mid-back patch of Windstopper adds a pocket of extra warmth.
- Full zip for quick on/offs.
- 3 rear drop-in pockets for sleeves and Nuun tablets.
- Elastic hem keeps the gilet in place when you're in tuck mode.
- Reflective back patch for heightened visibility in low light situations.
|Type||Fleece-lined wind shell|
|Face fabric||Polyester + PTFE|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
|Pockets||3 back drop-in|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|