Built for the cold, wet, dark winter months, The Air Pegasus + 30 Shield delivers warmth and water repellency in a highly-reflective package. Well-cushioned for kilometres of dedicated winter road work.
- Upper uses three-layers of mesh, a tightly woven inner is covered with reflective film that acts as a barrier to repel water. The top layer is made of a high-abrasion mesh.
- Internal heel counter wraps the heel for a snug and secure fit.
- Fitsole sockliner conforms to the shape of your foot for under-foot support.
- Highly reflective graphic print and additional elements.
- Microfleece collar and tongue lining helps keep you warm.
- Midfoot saddle is mesh and seamless no-sew overlays for ventilation, fit and support.
- Midsoles have full-length Nike CushIon foam with Zoom unit in the heel for responsive cushioning and forefoot flexibility.
- Horizontal side cuts absorb initial impact and smooth the transition from contact to mid-stride for a uniform ride.
- Outsoles are waffle rubber with durable carbon rubber in the heel contact zone. Lateral rubber blades for added sensory feedback and cushioning.
- Flex grooves are deeper along the lateral side and shallow on the medial side to promote a natural, smooth, efficient stride.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.