MEC Farpoint Jacket - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
A truly audacious line requires just-right conditions and the right mindset to envision it. The Farpoint Jacket offers up the performance of a soft shell in a super-lightweight package you'd likely mistake for a wind shell. Designed to protect you from light precipitation when you're moving hard and fast, it's incredibly breathable and offers good wind resistance. A great option for alpine climbing, ski touring, scrambling, or mountain biking. It has a fully helmet compatible hood and is compressible enough to stuff into its own chest pocket to clip to a harness or slip in a pack.
- Made of nylon Airtastic soft shell fabric that effectively blocks wind.
- Elasticized hood fits under a helmet and is easy to pull on or off.
- Partially elasticized hem and cuffs are lightweight but seal out drafts.
- Zippered pocket on chest has a reverse coil zipper and doubles as the jacket's stuff sack.
- Full-length lightly stiffened internal storm flap behind zipper.
- Machine wash in cold. Do not bleach or dry clean. Tumble dry on low.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Fabric content||100% nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.