MEC Hydrofoil Pants - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
A classic all-mountain fit makes the Hydrofoil Pants adaptable for a range of activities. Wear them for skiing, hiking or tackling routes in unpredictable alpine settings. 2.5 layer construction makes them eminently light and packable. Best of all, we’ve kept them amazingly affordable so you can budget for longer climbing trips, and extra days on the hill.
- Made of recycled nylon with a Pertex waterproof breathable microporous PU coating.
- Exterior is treated with DWR to shed water and snow.
- Seams are fully taped.
- Fully separating 2-way side zips allow venting and make them easy to pull on.
- Zipper flaps add wet-weather protection.
- Velcro reinforcements on side zippers.
- Elastic waistband fits over layers.
- Articulated knees for good mobility.
- Shockcords and snaps at hem to close them over your boots.
- Ankle grommets allow adding your own stirrup cords.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
|Face fabric||40-denier recycled nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Full-length leg zips with storm flap|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Petite inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. If your leg length is shorter or equal to the 'petite' size inseam on this chart, pick a 'petite' if available. 'Petite' pants also have a slightly shorter rise. Not all pants are offered in 'petite' sizes.