MEC Trackback Pants - Women's
MEC Trackback Pants - Women's
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Waterproof-breathable pants, designed to meet your backcountry needs and appeal to your frontside aesthetic. Set at an exceptional price point, Trackback pants have technical features such as fully taped seams, internal gaiters and innovative fabric developed by MEC's in-house materials team. All this tech is housed in a fitted, fluid cut that can be worn over fleece pants or long johns, and gives you room to rail.
- Waterproof-breathable shell is 2-layer recycled polyester with a breathable microporous polyurethane coating.
- Lined with recycled polyester with inner mesh from knee to hem to keep them breathable.
- Fully seam taped to keep wetness out.
- Fleece lined waistband with belt loops.
- Zip fly with snap closure.
- 2 front slash pockets, rear pocket and single cargo pocket have flap that snaps closed.
- Articulated knees promote movement.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Ankle zips.
- Internal gaiters have boot hooks elastic, Velcro and snaps to keep them in place.
- Loops attach to snaps in MEC Trackback jacket and other styles with corresponding snaps to attach to pants.
- Washable in a front loading machine in cold water on delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners. or bleach. Tumble dry on low. Do not iron or dry clean.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||Recycled polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||Mesh-lined thigh vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Short inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'short'.
- Long inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'long'.