MEC Amenity Jacket - Men's
For days in the mountains, this mid-layer insulates the body from external cold and moves moisture from your base layers outerward. Wear it for sniffing out new hiking routes and ticking off 4-star alpine gems. The high-loft fleece has long outer fibres to create and maintain loft, interspersed with dense microfibres that trap warm air.
- Made of Polartec Thermal Pro high loft polyester fleece with an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio, superb moisture transfer, and excellent breathability.
- 2-way mechanical stretch.
- High collar with fold-over chinguard.
- 1 chest pocket.
- Elastic binding at cuffs and hem prevents heat leaks.
- Seam-free shoulder tops for comfort when carrying a pack.
- Machine wash cold separately. Do not use fabric softeners. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Technology||Polartec Thermal Pro High Loft|
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
A treatment that inhibits bacteria growth and reduces odour.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.